DENVER - Tuesday, September 10, 2019 - Gov. Polis today announced Boards and Commissions appointments to the Governor's Commission on Community Service.
The Governor's Commission on Community Service (Serve Colorado) shall recommend to the Governor a comprehensive national and community service plan for the state that is developed through an open and public process and updated annually. The plan shall address the state's needs in the areas of school safety, preventing youth violence, literacy, and mentoring or disadvantaged youth. The Commission also administers funds received from the Corporation for National and Community Service.
For terms expiring Aug. 24, 2021:
- Michael William Schmeeckle of Fort Morgan, Colorado, to serve as a member with experience in education, training and developmental needs, and occasioned by the resignation of Carol Schneider of Wheat Ridge, Colorado, appointed,
For terms expiring Aug. 24, 2022:
- Sarah E. Hamilton of Denver, Colorado, to serve as a representative of local labor organizations, reappointed,
- Summer Hope Gathercole of Denver, Colorado, to serve as a representative with knowledge of community service, reappointed,
- Kristy J. Judd of Littleton, Colorado, to serve as a representative of a national service program, reappointed,
- Juan Gabriel Perez Saez of Wheat Ridge, Colorado to serve as a representative of community service, appointed.